Need Rental Assistance?
May 28th, 2021
Please scroll down for Spanish / Desplácese hacia abajo para español
Apply online at Chicago.gov/RentHelp, where you can also get more information.
The deadline to apply online is 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, June 8, 2021
What do tenants need to apply?
Tenants must have the following documents to complete an application:
- A government-issued photo ID
- Eligible documents: driver’s license, state ID, CityKey ID card, green cards, U.S. or foreign passports, or any other U.S. or foreign photo ID
- Proof of address (if the address on your ID is not current)
- Eligible documents: a bank or credit card statement, utility bill, lease, or other document showing your current address
- Proof of household income
- Eligible documents: pay stubs, tax forms, bank statements, signed statement from your employer or caseworker, or a signed statement from the applicant
- Proof of the amount of monthly rent paid
- Eligible documents: lease, a statement from landlord, bank statements, check stubs showing a pattern of paying rent, or other documents showing a pattern of paying rent
- Tenants who do not have one of these documents will be eligible for three months of rental assistance based on typical housing costs for their zip code.
- Most recent utility bill (if applying for utility assistance)
- For Bickerdike residents, landlord’s contact information is ERAP@bickerdike.org
Download flyer here
Download FAQ here