Who We Are
For 55 years, we have been a member-based, nonprofit community development corporation working for the development of communities on the northwest side of Chicago.
Bickerdike works with our residents, members, other organizations, and key stakeholders who share our vision that the community should control its destiny.
- A member-based, non-profit community development corporation.
- Dedicated to the redevelopment of Chicago communities.
- Rooted in our commitment to the benefit of and control by the low and moderate-income families.
Our properties bring new life to corridors of Chicago from which investment has evaporated, where foreclosure and abandonment threaten neighborhoods, and where residents face housing instability.
To date, we have:
- Invested more than $600 million to construct or rehabilitate 2,267 affordable rental and for-sale properties.
- Owned and managed 1,194 affordable units in 140 buildings.
- Provided high-quality housing to over 3,000 residents.
We carry out our mission by:
- Providing quality affordable housing
- Struggling against gentrification and displacement
- Promoting economic development by creating and preserving jobs
- Advocating for additional resources