An important part of Bickerdike’s mission is advocating for equitable allocation of resources. We collaborate with stakeholders and other organizations to meet the needs of our residents and the community.
Need help? Start here
We serve as a delegate agency for the City of Chicago’s Technical Assistance Community Program (TACOM).
TACOM is a FREE program that provides technical assistance to residents, tenants, and landlords.
Through this program, we provide information on the following:
- Referrals to community programs, services, and training opportunities
- Housing referrals
- Troubled building referrals
- Property tax assistance
- Technical assistance for landlords and tenants
- Homeownership assistance
- Foreclosure prevention referrals
- In-person Spanish translation assistance
- Referrals to resources for seniors
- Improving the quality of affordable rental housing
- Maintenance of property to prevent deterioration and avoid code violations
We also serve as a delegate agency for the City’s Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors (SARFS) program. We provide small-scale improvements and repairs to hundreds of households to make them more accessible and energy-efficient for our communities’ seniors.
For more information, use our Contact Us form and share a brief description of the type of service needed. You can also call us at 773.278.5669.
You can also pick up a form for the TACOM program at our Bickerdike Apartments office at 2556 W. North Avenue.